There are some wanna-be not official patterns, but after looking at them, I am so glad I didn’t modify them.
Now some modifications, no tulle in the underskirt, I wanted the dress to be a play dress, to wear over her clothes and every where if she wanted, so it doesn’t get in the way of seat belts or whatever. The pattern wanted the collar lining to go up on the shoulders, and I thought what was the point of making the top sheer if the under wasn’t so I just used the same piece for the collar under the same as the top and next time (you know, for my kid) I’ll omit the middle because the white center I made was two sided all the way down and basically made a yoke pointless. The white was left over from the Mulan costume , the sheer was scraps from a wedding dress, the rest cost me about $10. (excluding the pattern) I had the felt, I bought the smallest piece #10 stabilizer for the white flower, the rest was felt I had around the house. The vine is lined with boning. (That ended up being ripped off by the 3year old, after half a year of play. Next time no boning.)
The decoration on the bodice was a tight zigzag stitch with embroidery thread. My mom installed a zipper in the back. The white bodice I traced a “V” shape on the pattern and cut the decorative top, inserted it into the green that I folded back to reveal the white, and top stitched.
My mom had that old button that is in the center of the flower, I made the flower removable for easy washing. It is all polyester for washing and stain resistance, I used the crape side, I think it looks more fancy.